Sunday, November 6, 2011

Basic Korean Language - Lesson 1

I am now starting to learn Korean language and the first thing must need to know is the basic. It is essential for you to survive, it is helpful especially if you will go to Korea and if you are having a conversation with the Korean people.

In my case, since I have a Korean brother-in-law and a Korean nephew it would be easier for me having a conversation with them even just the basics. I have seen a website where I am learning the Korean Language. You can make use of their provided materials for your learning. You can click here to see for yourself. It is a very helpful site because as an initial way of learning, they are teaching first the basic Korean for survival and the accent as well.

So far here are the terms I learned for my first lesson as newbie.

Lesson 1 - Meeting someone for the fist time


As part of Korean culture, A bow is expected when you meet someone for the first time. However, in business situations, a handshake is expected as well.

You can refer to the link I've provided for the details with regards to the points of grammar as well as to the cultural insights of the terms. Furthermore, Hangul form of the words can also be found and sample conversation. I will post here my day to day progress of the terms I learn for the sake of documentation purposes and for your reference as well. You can drop me note(refer to the email add stated in my contact info) if you need help or if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment