Sunday, October 23, 2011

Tips in Article Writing

Article Writing has been already a part of my daily routine task. I've been doing this for several months already. I am only writing short articles that ranges from 500-600 words. When I was only starting, it is difficult for me to come up with best ideas and what particular angle am I going to tackle to have a commendable result. Apart from thinking the suited words and ideas, the given tight deadline should be beaten as well. As my writing continues for over a month, I came up with the effective guidelines that resulted to an effective and commendable one.

Here are the list of  basic tips to an  effective article writing.

1. Know your topic first. If you do not know the topic assigned to you or it is out of your knowledge research on it.

2. Think what type of article you will be writing. There are four types of discursive writing;
-An argument article is meant to convince someone of something.
-An explanation article tells why something is the way that it is.
-A definition article clarifies the meaning of something.
-A description article provides information about the qualities or properties of something.

3. Simplify the words and use short sentences and paragraphs. By this, your reader will not be confused.

4. Content of the article must be professional.

5. Impart your personality into the article. Try to associate some of your personality into it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment